Are you looking for hands-on experience with the behind-the-scenes work of running a major non-profit? Are you computer savvy? Do you want to join the team of Oregon’s largest grassroots environmental organization? If so, the Oregon Sierra Club needs you!
We are looking for a skilled and dedicated volunteer to join our team as Treasurer beginning June 2018. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to learn more about non-profit budgeting and financial management while providing much-needed support to our organization. The Treasurer will have the opportunity to be trained by National Sierra Club, our bookkeeper, and our outgoing volunteer Treasurer.
- Commit 8-10 hours a month, with a yearly increase from January to March to create an IRS/National Annual Report
- Live in Oregon and attend quarterly board meetings (The position is remote, though if the Treasurer lives in Portland they are welcome to work out of our office)
- Experience with QuickBooks, Excel, and general computing
- Understand budgeting, including tracking of revenue and expenses, and compiling cash flow projections of up to two years.
- Communicate clearly, effectively, and regularly with the Chapter board, staff, bookkeeper, volunteer leaders, and Sierra Club National financial staff.
Professional accounting or other finance experience is a plus, but not required.
To apply or for additional information, please contact Board Chair, Drew Kerr, at email@example.com or 312-375-6104 by Monday, May 14. We look forward to hearing from you!