On September 26, there will be a rally in Coos Bay from Noon to 6:00 PM to help raise public awareness of the dangers posed by the proposed Jordon Cove LNG project. The family-friendly event is called “Seize the Day; Save the Bay!” and will highlight the clean environment of the bay and the damage to the environment that will occur if this massive fossil fuel project is approved.
Because of all of the hype around job creation and natural gas being a “bridge fuel to a clean energy future” it is critically important to bring public awareness to the reality of LNG export terminals.
The “Seize the Day; Save the Bay!” rally will give you a chance to let our elected officials know that this project and the similar one near Astoria are simply unacceptable and that the people of Oregon say:
- NO to these morally bankrupt Canadian energy companies intent on making money while pushing Earth further towards ecological collapse
- NO to taking both private and public property for corporate gain with no public benefit foreign corporations
- NO to environmental destruction of our scenic coastal ecologies and fisheries
- NO to living in a high risk blast zone
- NO to sacrificing our timber resources
For an excellent overview of the proposed Jordan Cove Project go here.
Come on out and help build a better future for future generations of Oregonians.
Information on the Statewide No LNG Coalition which planned this event can be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact the Oregon Sierra Club’s Beyond Gas and Oil Team’s Co-Chair, Gregory Monahan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.