Third Thursday Potluck & Presentation
Join us for a potluck and presentation on the environmental impacts of Trade Promotion Authority, also known as Fast Track, and the TransPacific Partnership.
WHEN: March 19th at 6:00pm
WHERE: Oregon Chapter Sierra Club office (1821 SE Ankeny St. Portland OR)
WHY: Meet, eat, and learn how Congress, the United State Trade Representative, and the President fall short on their promises and ideals for how to protect our environment here and abroad.
Included in the presentation will be:
- A brief history of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA), how it works and why it was created,
- What TPA could mean for the TPP,
- How TPP may impact Oregon jobs, environmental protections abroad, and timber and agriculture exports here in Oregon
- Investor-State-Dispute-Settlement (ISDS) – what it is and how it’s used
- What’s Congress doing?? Update on Sen. Wyden-Sen. Hatch negotiations and where our Representatives stand.
Please bring a dish or drink to share, come with questions and let’s keep the pressure on Congress to draft responsible trade legislation!
Call or email me with any questions – hope to see you Thursday!