Calling all photographers! Your help is needed. You’re invited to submit your best shots of Oregon’s wilderness areas for a chance to be featured in the Oregon Sierra Club High Desert Committee’s Wilderness Act 50th Anniversary Photography Exhibit this fall. Both professional and amateur photo submissions are encouraged.
What is the Sierra Club High Desert Committee’s Wilderness Act 50th Anniversary Photography Exhibit?
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Wilderness Act this year, the Sierra Club High Desert Committee will be putting on a photography exhibit highlighting the wilderness places that are yet to be protected in our very own state of Oregon. By exhibiting these photographs, we hope to increase the awareness and inspiration to protect these areas.
Submission Deadline: Friday, August 1st, 2014 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time
- Both professional and amateur photography submissions are encouraged
- Submit up to five (5) images per photographer allowed
- Selected photographs will be featured in the Sierra Club High Desert Committee’s Wilderness Act
50th Anniversary Photography Exhibit Event in the fall 2014.
- Photographers will need to complete a Photographer Permission as part of the submission.
Download the form here:
- Elements or objects not in original scene should be added.
- Electronic submissions only, please. E-mail images to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: HDC
WildAct 50th Photo Exhibit Submission
- Electronic photograph submission requirements:
- Photograph must be submitted in JPG format
- 5 MB at least but no bigger than 10 MB
- Each photograph must include:
- Image description
- Photographer name
- *** 300 dpi format might be requested for selected images. Photographers will be contacted.
- If submission requirements are not followed, the image submitted may not be considered.
- Photographs must be taken within areas listed.
- Any wilderness scene whether wildlife, plants or scenic landscape are eligible.
- Any watermark must be removed.
Images from Oregon’s wilderness areas that are yet to be protected, with an emphasis on locations listed below will be selected for the exhibit. Photos from high priority areas and locations are preferred but all photos from Oregon’s wilderness areas yet to be protected will be considered.
- Owyhee Canyonlands http://oregon.sierraclub.org/conserv/hidsrt/campaigns.asp
- John Day River https://onda.org/where-we-work/john-day/cathedral-rock-and-horse-heaven
Cathedral Rock/Horse Heaven
- Sutton Mountain and Pat’s Cabin https://onda.org/where-we-work/john-day/sutton-mountain
- Waldo Lake http://oregon.sierraclub.org/groups/juniper/waldo/keepwaldowild.asp
- Crater Lake http://www.oregonwild.org/wilderness/crater-lake-wilderness
- Devil’s Staircase http://www.oregonwild.org/wilderness/devils_staircase
- Wild Rogue http://www.oregonwild.org/wilderness/zane-grey-wilderness-proposal
- Mt Hood http://www.oregonwild.org/wilderness/mount-hood-wilderness
- Siskiyou http://www.oregonwild.org/wilderness/oregons-yellowstone
- List of WSA’s on Oregon https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5xbJhEjqTTwMV9sbXkxR01HQW8/edit?usp=sharing
Terms and Conditions (in addition to the Photograph Permission):
- Photographs will be accepted only from the original photographer who must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for photos submitted.
- Selected photographs will be printed only once for the purpose of the exhibit. Use of the printed photographs may be used for future exhibits and fund-raising events by the Sierra Club.