Events Planning Intern. This unpaid position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to learn more about events planning, fundraising, volunteer recruitment and management at a major non-profit organization. This position is available immediately, and will remain open until filled.
Position Summary: The Events Planning Intern will be the lead organizer for the Sierra Club Shindig Event on July 23rd and will help build the volunteer Events Committee for the Oregon Chapter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizing logistics for an established event, with many of the tasks already planned out.
- Garnering in-kind donations of food and beverages from local community businesses.
- Organizing logistics the week of the event (Saturday July 23rd), including borrowing and returning items, food prep, set-up and take-down.
- Recruiting, managing and thanking volunteers.
- Advertising event and inviting people to try and increase turnout to the Shindig.
- Build the Oregon Chapter Events Committee and plan future events.
- Assume other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Administrative Assistant or Chapter Director.
- Telephone communication skills.
- Data entry and email communication skills.
- Background in catering or food service would be helpful.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel a plus.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions, while also taking initiative and being proactive and cognizant of deadlines.
- Interest in gaining experience with volunteer recruitment and management and fundraising.
Time Commitment: 5-15 hours per week for 3 months, with the option to continue.
To apply for this position, applicants should email or phone Joy Keen, Administrative Assistant at email@example.com or 503-238-0442 x300.